These plans (sometimes called “PDPs”) add drug coverage to Original Medicare, some Medicare Cost Plans, some Medicare Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plans.
A type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans provide all of your Part A and Part B benefits.
Medicare Advantage Plans include:
• Health Maintenance Organizations
• Preferred Provider Organizations
• Private Fee-for-Service Plans
• Special Needs Plans
• Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan:
• Most Medicare services are covered through the plan
• Medicare services aren’t paid for by Original Medicare
Most Medicare Advantage Plans offer prescription drug coverage.